I know. I know. It has been a super long time since I wrote my own blog post. There's no true way to catch you up on everything, but I'll do my best to present a list of the highlights.
Um, this might take a while...
- The spring wreaked havoc on my sinuses and I ended up with a sinus infection.
- In April, my cell phone got stolen. I got it back but I lost a lot of photos because the phone reset itself to factory settings and whatever didn't sync, I lost. Years of photos.
- Back in April a friend of mine got married. I was unable to attend the wedding, but I did take her engagement photos.
- The day of her wedding, I was at a 3-day conference for Delta Kappa Gamma Women's Educational Society. I was able to meet the State Superintendent and take a photo with her.
All of this happened in the same week!
- At the beginning of May, my spring semester classes ended. I got a 3-week break, but that's when it was crunch time to prepare for end of grade testing for the students.
- During that time, I attended a one-day Summit. It was fantastic! Everyone in attendance was currently or had been a teacher of the year. I got to meet the current state Teacher of the Year as well as the one who just won for the upcoming year.
- At the TOY Summit, I had to create a Twitter account. What? Twitter! I thought I would never. I thought it was pointless. I was wrong. I only use it for professional tweets. Oddly enough, in my summer school class, I was required to have a Twitter account so it all worked out.
- Summer School Session I started on May 18th. I'm currently working on my last project that is due this Thursday and that class will be over.
- Where I work is going through a realignment process so I'm waiting to find out my new placement.
- My hair has gotten too thick for me to wash, so I now schedule appointments to have it washed and blow dried. I wear it out a couple of days or up to a week, but then I twist it up. Having these regular professional shampoos has been wonderful for my scalp, but I know I don't want to keep getting it blow dried each time. What I also know is that I've grown a lot more gray hairs this year.
- My brother came home for a week. It's been a year since I've seen him face-to-face. He came at the right time because now he can help me pack up my belongings. Is that selfish? LOL
- But also, by my brother coming down here, he was able to attend my uncle's fish fry in Virginia. It was also my uncle's birthday. Lots of family, lots of friends, lots of food. But it was so HOT!
- Here it's so hot you can barely function. I'm talking about when your car's thermometer says 105 degrees type of hot. It's hot in the morning. It's hot at night. It's so hot that I hope these few little herb seedlings won't burn up.
- This will be my gardening effort this summer. It's all I can manage to do.
- And finally, those who know me, know that I have issues with dogs. I'm seriously not an animal person, but for as long as I can remember, I've been terrified of dogs (big or small). So imagine my surprise when my cousin's dog jumped in my lap and stayed for quite some time. I don't know why he suddenly did that. In fact, no dog or pet has ever sat on me. And I didn't have a heart palpitation. Is that progress? LOL
Did I mention that it's really hot?
Hope you all are doing well. :-)