Despite the intermittent rain spells and work obligations, I was finally able to finish my deck! Wanna see?
I don't have a total cost because many of these items were purchased over time and had been in storage until now, but I will say that everything was either free, or purchased a thrift store or discount closeout store (a.k.a. Big Lots). Off season purchases are the best!
* The patio set was salvaged from my parents' back yard (free)
* Aquarium stand (free - gifted from a retired teacher)
* Umbrella (Big Lots - closeout store, off season purchase)
* Patio Chair cushions (Big Lots - closeout store, off season purchase)
* Mini Greenhouse (Big Lots - closeout store, off season purchase) [Reg price was $20 and I didn't pay that because it was off season]
* Spray paint ($1/can - Valspar Project Source) & ($5/can - Rustoleum Black Hammered) - used 4-5 cans of the Valspar paint and 3 cans of the Rustoleum
* 1 quart of Valspar's Duramax paint (for the door)
In the future, I'd like to replace some boards and the top railing. Of course I'd also have to repaint or stain it. I've seen some beautiful options, but without the repairs, it's pointless.
I also want a large patio plant to place in a colorful planter on the lava rocks. Underneath the lava rocks are cemented places and that's also where some of my electrical work is, so there will be absolutely no planting there; hence the rocks instead. I do have some solar lights that I purchased off season last year. When I finish the lower level, I think they will make an excellent, lighted addition.
Just a couple more images...
Looking forward to sitting outside for a change. Maybe those two carpenter bees will leave me alone. :-)