So, what have I learned?
The Health Benefits
- I have learned that the lemon contains just as much Vitamin C as other citrus fruits, but does not have a high glycemic index like the others.
- I have learned that sprinkling lemon juice on foods, especially those that would normal elevate your blood sugar, or adding lemon slices to your water help to lower blood sugar levels.
- Drinking a cup of warm water with the juice of 1/2 a lemon at the beginning of the day, before eating or drinking anything else, helps to detoxify the liver.
The Home Benefits
- The rinds of the lemon can be used to make a all-natural, chemical free, household cleaner.
- Placing lemon peels near places where you usually see ants will keep the ants away.
- A friend of mine puts her orange peels in her garbage disposal and creates a nice orangey fragrance in her kitchen. Works for oranges, so I'm pretty sure it would work for lemons too. I don't have a garbage disposal so I can't try it myself.
Just gotta wait about two weeks to give it a try! I got the idea from this site.
So how do you use your lemons?
Until next time,