You want to know how?
To Create the Basic Part of the Blog Button:
- Take a picture of yourself or get a friend to do so. The one I used for this button is from my trusty cell phone. :-)
- Open PicMonkey.
- Click on "Create a Collage" and click on the "x" on the right side of the collage so that you only have the background divided into two parts. Then re-size which ever side you want to place your photo image on.
- Under the "Photos" tab, click on upload images to upload your image of choice.
- Drag that image to the largest section of your collage.
- To create a colorful background where your text will appear, click on the "Swatches" tab and select the background of choice, then drag it into the smaller space on the collage.
- Save the image.
- Exit out of the collage section of PicMonkey and open up the "Edit Photo" section.
- Upload your image.
- To create text, click on the "P" on the left side of the screen. That will allow you to add text. Click on the text font you desire and then type your blog title in the text box. You can rotate it and re-size it according to your specs.
- The size at this point will be too large for a blog button, so if you click on the "Resize" button underneath the "Basic Edits" tab you can re-size the image to 200 x 200 pixels.
- Save the image.
- Upload your blog button to a site that will create a url. I use Photobucket.
- I use the free website "Grab My Button Code Generator."
- Once you get to the code generator site, this site tells you the easy peasy steps to perform to create your blog button code. This works for Blogger or Wordpress based on which button you choose.
- Once you get the code, copy it and paste it into an HTML gadget in your template or wherever you want your code to appear.
- My piece of advice: Save that code in a Word document, email or somewhere so you can access it without creating another code, but creating another code really is simple if anything should go wrong.
Hope this helps!