A few years ago I started jogging, then I fell off the wagon.
- My jogging partner and I started our Couch to 5K Running Program in the summer. It was hot, but we just got up early.
- School started back, so we had to jog extremely early...in the dark. (an excuse is coming)
- My jogging partner bailed on me. I didn't want to jog alone, but I did anyways. (excuse is still coming)
- I was motivated by other jogging/running fanatics and I participated in two events, met my goals and even won a trophy.
- Then it got cold and it was really dark out. (excuse)
- Then I quit, but in the spring I started back. Yay!
- Then, just repeat steps 2 -6. (full of more excuses)
I went to my family reunion and during one of the Health talk sessions, my physician uncle mentioned that when he was visiting his daughter in Italy last summer, in the two weeks he was there from the moment he stepped off the plane, he did not see obesity. He saw a lot of bicycle riding and walking. When he returned to the U.S., all he could see was big people everywhere. The question is why. He went on to explain how we as Americans drive almost everywhere and when we get there, we look for the closest park to the door of the store. How true! So, he encouraged us to get out and get fit. Most of this side of the family is involved in the Body by Vi 90 Day Challenge.
My cell phone was very much dead (muerto) and I purchased this fancy phone the other week. I downloaded the app for the Couch to 5K Running Plan, which was the same one I've done in times past. It works. The app is wonderful and I completed Day 1.
I will admit that at first I thought my heart would come through my throat, but in the end I felt really great. I've found out that I have to set a tangible goal to make this work. I haven't done that yet, but it will have to be something like an actual 5K event. Perhaps in the fall.
One thing I do know is this: my dad's side is filled with tall, big structured, overweight family that I love and my mom's side is filled with short women with lots of curves. Many of my female cousins have dancer-bodies because they have been active in dance or other sports their entire lives. I know I'm not going to do all of that, but somehow I'd like to fall somewhere in the middle.
Starting weight: xxx (that's for me to know, but I'll inform you when it lowers - lol)
Wish me luck,