Now let me back up a minute. In an effort to pull my house together, I'm working on small projects that just need to be finished or just displayed properly to truly make this house a home. Am I the only one with framed pictures still not hung? Case in point: Remember I moved my chiminea from the back foyer to my dining area? Then I moved a wall hanging from that same foyer also to my dining area? I wanted to cover up that dreadful hole for the piping to connect to the chimney for the wood burning stove that I neither have nor want. I tried several things to hang this piece and finally it's up.
Wall Hanging Tutorial:
Picture hanging materials of your choice
- Wash and iron embroidered cloth.
- Attach embroidered cloth to the center of a piece of fabric that measures approximately 1- 1 1/2 inches wider that your canvas frame. I machine-stitched my embroidered cloth to the black linen and then I tacked the top edges of the crocheted edgings to the linen, both using nylon transparent thread.
- Staple the batting around the front of the frame. Be sure to pad the edges of the frame as well.
- Staple the fabric over the batting onto the canvas frame.
- Attach the picture hanging materials of your choice, depending on how you will hang this piece. (i.e. sawtooth hook, Command strips)
p.s.s. I hope everyone is safe from all these tornadoes and storms coming through. Three tornadoes came through N.C. today.
Be Safe & Happy Crafting,