- I finally started that blanket I was supposed to make waaaay back when. I'm constructing it in strips. No time/patience for squares and completing a whole design with no piecing together was seemingly impossible for this blanket. I'll be sure to show you WIP pictures; I'm not going to make you wait until I finish. I promise. Think "hearts."
- Finished a custom "dead eye fish hat" and received a request for another. This time from London.
- Still have to sew the lining to this custom bag and then it'll be done.
- Got some new sew-in business labels for my own designs. They are just too cute. Gotta order a more manly design next time. Some guys don't dig the polka dots and springy colors and that, I understand.
- Finally found a place that sells photo-mount cards at a price I can afford. Now I can make my long-awaited notecard sets. (This is why it's good to chat with customers. They know stuff.)
- Visited a Joann's Craft store recently and fell in love with this machine.
- My friend, Mary made a huge score at a newly found local thrift store and she halved her stash of upholstery sample squares with me. 10 cents a piece! I received about 35 pieces.
- Received a request from someone on Flickr to use a picture of my Onion Salad on their Wiki project. So, now my photo is published there.
- Got my hair in the afro twists now at the African Braid Shop I go to, and the shop stylist told me about a African Fashion and Beauty Supply store that sells beautiful wax prints. I went there and fell in love. The fabrics are authentic African prints. You can still feel the dye in the cloths. Most of them are pre-cut into 6 yd pieces, so I'll have to wait until another day to purchase that. But at least I know where I can go. In the meantime the owner, Maguy, found some smaller pieces that I could afford and so I bought one set (gorgeous, gorgeous) and a piece of authentic black soap. What is the lesson here? Every culture has its own inside network. Don't be afraid to learn new people even when they speak other languages; be kind, and they will help you out.