Now at some point it gets difficult to think of 7 new unrevealed things about myself, but I'll give it a whirl. These are 7 things from my childhood:
- When I was a kid, I would burst into my parents' room to tell them something/anything and my mom would say, "Wait, let me put my glasses on. Then I can hear you better." I never understood that....until now!
- I used to have a black Barbie. I think it was called "Magic Curl" Barbie. She had an afro, but came with these packages of activator. You put the powdered activator and some water in her hair and voila, she would have a Jheri curl. I loved that Barbie. I used to hide away her packages of activator until I had enough to make my own hair turn into a Jheri curl. It's amazing how Moms have this sixth sense. Let's just say, I never got to use those packages.
- I never saw the movie, "E.T."
- I used to think my cousin was a witch. Well, that's what she told me. She convinced me that she had a crystal ball in the closet and knew my every move. Let's just say that I did whatever she said. I don't know how long it was before I realized that in the closet were only clothes and shoes. Man! The 80s!
- My brother and I never fought over anything more than the remote control, who gets to sit in the front seat, and maybe what kind of cereal we could get that week. We just ignored each other until we were like 18. Now we talk like almost every day...Well, until he got married. So, like every other day?
- I always loved school, but I absolutely hated the Jr. High years! So many cliques and teasing and pranks and did I mention cliques?
- I used to collect stickers. I had this very cool sticker album with "scratch & sniff" stickers, puffy stickers, glittery stickers, etc. I wonder what happened to that thing. Probably dry-rotted now.