Now, let me be even more honest. For the past few days I've been casting on stitches and let me tell you what tiredness will do:
- Attempt 1: Circulars the right size, but wrong length for project. Frog and start over.
- Attempt 2: Got the right length circulars, but I had not guessed the right amount of yarn for the sling-shot cast on method so I ran out of yarn. Frog and start over.
- Attempt 3: Guessed the right amount of yarn, yarn cake got tangled up some how, couldn't fix it, had to get out the scissors. Frog and start over.
- Attempt 4: I guessed the right amount, cast on my stitches, but decided to change patterns and needed more stitches, but I had already cut the tail shorter. Frog and start over.
- Attempt 5: Switched back to the first pattern, cast on the correct amount of stitches, joined the rounds, started my rib pattern and stopped in the middle of a row. Note to self - don't do that.
- Attempt 6: After starting in the middle of the row from the night before, I realized that I had stitched in the wrong direction so half the round was fatter than the other. Frog and start over.
- Attempt 7, the final attempt: Changed from the black/gray/copper blend yarn to this turquoise one, cast on 78 stitches, completed one round, and am making up my own pattern! On a 3x3 rib for now.
* Still using stash yarn!