My weekend project is complete. Yesterday I finished the sewing portion after my long stint of rotating between machines, and today I finished a little embellishment to add a little something something to the outside of the bag. I'm very pleased with the final product.
This handbag is constructed out of a kimono floral 100% cotton print I purchased this summer. The lining is also made of an 100% cotton fabric, but in a blush pink color. Even the threads I used were cotton. Inside the bag is a double pocket; one sized for a cell phone and the other for little odds and ends. The 6" handles are natural cane.
Although I love the simplistic look of this bag, I thought it needed a little embellishment so I crocheted a two-tone flower and placed a fabric covered button as the center. The flower is a pin that is detachable.
Despite some setbacks along the way, I enjoyed making this bag and look forward to future projects.