If you're interested in the original recipe, click here. However, if you want to know my version of this recipe, keep on reading.
Breakfast Casserole, Revised.
1 (16 oz.) package of ground turkey sausage
4 large eggs
1 (10.75) can of cream of mushroom soup
1 (12 oz.) can of evaporated milk
1 (16 oz.) bag of tater tots
shredded cheese (your choice - I used a mixture of sharp cheddar and Monteray Jack)
red and green bell peppers, julienned
one onion, sliced
- Cook and drain ground turkey sausage.
- Sauté onions and bell peppers.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, cream of mushroom, evaporated milk, black pepper, and a dash of hot sauce. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease 9"x13" pan.
- Line pan with frozen tater tots.
- Layer cooked ground sausage.
- On the next layer add sauteed onions and bell peppers.
- On the following layer, add the shredded cheese.
- On the last layer, pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Bake uncovered for approximately 45 minutes.