There is something calming and welcoming in the tranquillity of a good studio, which goes doubly so for one made into a garden in urban conditions. Having one will allow your work to prosper in peace and quiet if you feel you need to work on your projects. A good, well-lit location is a nice start to your preparations, but you need to consider that most places will not have the right conditions for this type of setup. Focusing on making a spacious studio is a great way of sparking your creative genius, but it will take some doing to make it happen. The following tips will give you a clue how to do it:
- The first thing you have to ensure you have a great amount of light around the studio, especially if you plan on using it for art purposes or something else. In most modern homes you will need to deal with a number of difficulties in lighting such as awkward windows and worse. When you make a studio of your own, you will be able to deal with this by installing a skylight or something even better to ensure great light levels.
- If you happen to enjoy working from home, then you can combine this desire with the freedom of a garden studio near your home. Most urban locations don’t really allow that, but if you happen to be blessed with living in a house instead of apartment, then you will be able to use your landscape for it. On the other hand, living in an apartment can help you combine an indoor garden with a studio space, but you will need a rather large room for it to work.
- You may also work on your studio by checking out potential design solutions online. If you have the choice of building it from the ground up, then you will have a lot more control over what you can do with it. Consider extra storage space, even if you feel you don’t need it right away. This way you will not have to worry about it further down the line as your work expands and grows.
- You may also consider the added value of adding this type of setup to your home if you decide to sell your home or something similar. Always make sure you keep it clean, whether it means floor cleaning, upholstery cleaning or something similar. Calling a cleaning company once in a while won’t hurt either, as they can deal with things a lot faster than you and with greater efficiency.
- The greatest thing about modern studios is that they can be made in pretty much a bit more than ten days with the right tools and conditions, especially if you have outside space in your garden. Prefabricated buildings can also be used, but they will not have the same flexibility as something you have worked on yourself or with a contractor to back you up.
More helpful tips read at: http://www.cleanerscleaning.org.uk/SW12-deep-cleaning-balham/spring-cleaning-SW12.html
Article written and submitted by Ella Andrews.